Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 26-Weigh-in Day: 354.6lbs


WEEK 4

Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 357.6
Current Weight: 354.6
This week’s weight loss: 3lbs
Total weight loss: 11
Miles biked this week: 59.68
Total Miles biked: 247.94
Miles to go: 7252.06

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Cedar City, Utah (I-15)

TODAY:
I was working with my brother on a little construction project and noticed that my left knee is very weak when it comes to lifting my body weight on my left leg, like going up and down a ladder. But, there will come a day when there won’t be an extra 155lbs to lift. I didn’t do any cycling today, but was on my feet for 13 hours.

LEARNED:
Despite being a little discouraged last week for a low weight loss amount, I just moved forward doing my thing. I think despite missing a 15-mile workout mid-week, I made up a little mileage when I could, and kept eating like a good boy. It’s about weight loss, but it’s not about weight loss. As long as I am doing what needs to be done, I can’t be sad with the results.

It’s been a little over three weeks since I started my journey. I look at the almost 250 miles I’ve biked this month, and as a beginner, that is amazing to me. I’ve got to double that each month to get to Japan…remember it’s only 7500 miles away. I’ve had a cough that I’m trying to get over, but despite that, I feel better, my clothes are getting a little looser, and I am excited about the direction I’m heading. It hasn’t been easy, but I saw a little quote by Mike Tyson saying something about pain being just a temporary thing. I thought about that. Some times it’s not fun to jump on the bike and start pedaling, but once on, half the battle is over. Then you push yourself to have a good workout. The pain only lasts a short time, but the satisfaction of having done a good job stays with you far longer! Every little pedal, every little veggie placed in my mouth, etc., is a step closer to where I will be on June 1, 2013.

EATING:
I need to introduce more beans into my eating. I need to up it on the veggies too. I think I need to go visit with a nutritionist, as I might need some help to tweak things. I find that I can chow down on a meal and literally 30 minutes later my stomach has burned through it and it starts growling. Most of the time I’m fine, but I’ve noticed that there have been some times when I feel hungry and I’m not prepared to eat. I’m still learning and I’m sure I’ll get a good rhythm going. I know that when you’re working out this much, you need to feed the body differently.

FILM:
I’ve got to do some sit down interviews this week because I’ve already lost 11 pounds and I haven’t gotten the kick off interviews done where I get to explain what I’m doing. Some of it I have on “Photobooth, and my iPhone, but I need to get a camera guy over to interview me and a few others. There are some other things that are in the works but I can’t share them on the blog or it will spoil the surprise in the final documentary. I’m curious as to what you think of the videos I’ve posted so far. We’re just getting going, but is there something you’d like to see me put up? Please feel free to comment…I’d love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Donnie! You're AMAZING!!! I know some dietitians and nutritionists recommend eating six times a day; I'm excited to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans and veggies are right up my alley, Don! Just ask Erik, ha ha! I am so happy to see your progress. drfuhrman.com (author of Eat to Live) is what I recommend if you don't have the cash to pay a nutritionist.

    Tammy Groethe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnie I'm so proud of you! What an exciting journey this will be. So excited for your end goal, Japan and 210! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments