Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 18-Weigh-in Day: 357.6lbs


 WEEK 3

Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 358.4
Current Weight: 357.6
This week’s weight loss: 14oz
Total weight loss: 8
Miles biked this week: 63.82
Total Miles biked: 188.26
Miles to go: 7481.74

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house, heading for Tokyo):
Manderfield, Utah (I-15)

TODAY:
It is sure nice to be resting today. I look back at this past week and it has been a lot of work. Also, I got on my road bike and started riding and that has taken an adjustment physically (Sorebum Syndrome.) Yesterday I snuck on the scale and noticed that for all my work I lost a measly one pound. I admit I had a pity party and was feeling very discouraged. I’ve been faithful on my eating, averaging 2000 calories a day, and I exercised faithfully everyday. I will say that my clothes are feeling looser, and that I could pull up a belt loop. That counts for something. I have to believe that I have been building a lot of muscle in my legs. I won’t dwell on it. On to next week…

LEARNED:
I’ve been doing these hour-long/15-mile workouts on my stationary bike and I feel tired the rest of the day. Mid-week I had to leave home early and could only fit in a 30-min/7-mile ride. I felt fantastic the rest of the day. I suspect that at my weight, pushing hard for an hour straight may be a little too much. This week I am going to try splitting my workout into a morning and an evening workout, and see how I feel. When I do 30-min, I can give it some good gusto without dying at the end. It’s a satisfying effort, as opposed to an exhaustive effort.

EATING:
I’ve been eating a lot of grilled chicken…and I need some variety. I think it’s time to start getting a little more creative with meals--maybe some smoothies and juicing. BTW, there’s this sauce you can get from Costco called Raspberry Chipotle sauce that is 40 calories per Tablespoon. It is the best. I tastes like it is 200 cal per Tbsp! It brings chicken to life!! I might add that yesterday when I was having a pity party I was at Subway and I rebelled by eating one of their sugar cookies! Take that body!


FILM:
I am hunting for some sponsors to pay for the film and expenses of this production. I have approached 2 potential big name sponsors and have been told they don’t sponsor individuals, athletes, etc. (I had to laugh thinking that I could be considered an athlete…Me?) I know that there is an individual, or entities out there that I will find. Next week I will be shooting some interviews with myself, family and peers. Let me know if you have something you want to say on film! Look for a clip on biking Monday morning.

Saturday Lunch:
Egg white omelet, broccoli, chicken breast and Cholula!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments