Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 1 of my 7500 mile journey

Welcome to my blog! I've decided to do something really crazy. After many attempts at losing weight over the past many years, I've decided that this time I will succeed. I weighed in today at 365lbs at my doctor's office. I went in with a camera crew to videotape my check up and blood draw because I am going to document this journey over the next 15 months. On June 1, 2013, I will weigh 210lbs...AGAIN! 

So what exactly am I doing, and how am I going to do it? Well, I am going to ride my exercise/road bike 7500 miles, the distance from Salt Lake City, to Tokyo, Japan. Every day I will log on this blog how many miles I pedaled. Next, I am eating real food. No more trips to the fast food joints. And no more processed, high carb, sugar loaded foods. We're eating lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, turkey, and very rarely eating red meat. Soy milk is my friend along with beans, nuts, and whole grain wheat bread. I'm not going to the extreme, just taking advantage of what God put on this earth for us to enjoy.

I will be training to enter some road bike events along the way, topping it all off late summer of next year by biking from Tokyo to Mount Fuji (90km). I am also planning to climb to the top of Mount Fuji with my father-in-law. My personal pilgrimage to Fuji-san represents my finish line for this exciting challenge.

So follow me daily on this blog and watch my progress. I'll be posting a lot of great videos of my adventure and in the fall of 2013, I'll be releasing a DVD of the entire journey caught on video.

Today's entry:

Well, a long journey begins with the first step. Put on the first 13 miles of my 7500 mile journey to Mount Fuji over the next 18 months.
Got my check up with the doc and blood draw all caught on video.
It's late. My ride I just finished started on Leap year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments