Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 60-Weigh-in Day: 338.8lbs


WEEK 9

Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 347.4
Current Weight: 338.8
This Week’s Weight Loss: 8.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 26.6
Miles Biked this Week: 36.80
Total Miles Biked: 447.68
Miles to Go: 7052.32

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Jean Airport, Nevada on I-15 (South of Las Vegas)

TODAY:
I am so excited to see this big amount of weight come off! 8.6lbs! I think after getting back from Vegas a week ago, and getting back in the groove, my body is happy. The other thing is that in 2 months, I’ve lost 26.6lbs!! Man that is right on track to meet my goal next year. I know that as I get closer to my goal, that losing weight will become harder and harder. However, we are prepared to go the distance.

As a side note, today our family had a garage sale. We got rid of a lot of stuff! We’re in the process of making some changes in our everyday life. There is something spiritual about losing weight, and losing stuff out of the house. I know that sounds funny, but there is something exhilarating about simplifying. This whole experience is about change, right? Well, somehow I’ve noticed that already, little changes in my weight are having a parallel change in other areas of my life. I don’t think there is any accident.

My wife just made me a yummy smoothie this evening! She is a great support to what I have embarked upon. Also, my daughter told me she is afraid to see what her skinny daddy will look like, because she’s never known anything besides a “big daddy.”

LEARNED:
As you recall, the other day on this blog I talked about riding into the wind. It seems that 3 of the days this week were windy, and it was tough. But that additional resistance I think has made a difference. Yes, my thighs are sore, but that resistance is having good results.

EATING:
Some days I am just sick of chicken and veggies! It’s like gee, can’t I just have an Original Tommy Burger?! But, most of the time I’m fine. I haven’t been counting calories as much, as it seems like I know what my portions and nutrition is as it goes in my mouth. I admit, I did have a piece of pepperoni and sausage pizza the other day. It was left over at work. I started to feel guilty, but thought, “Hey, it’s just one piece for crying out loud!” And then I was fine.

Today we went to a buffet to eat, but I focused on a huge salad with tons of veggies, with some grilled teriyaki on top. Then I grabbed a few dabs of this and that just to make life a little better. Total calories? I don’t know. But I know I ate healthy…and I didn’t over-eat. The mindset at a buffet for me is usually, shove as much as I can in my pie hole! But now the approach is to enjoy the diversity of healthy food.

FILM:
Well, I cancelled my interview shoot with my DP this past week due to weather conditions. We’ll get the interview done and b-roll footage taken this week.

My mission companion posted this picture of me on Facebook the other day. This is when I was on my mission in Japan back in 1985. I hadn't ever seen this picture and it was a total shot in the arm as far as motivation. I left on my mission a little chubby. This is what 6-months of bike riding did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments