Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 53-Weigh-in Day: 347.4lbs


 WEEK 8
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 345.8
Current Weight: 347.4
This Week’s Weight Loss: +1.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 18.0
Miles Biked this Week: 15.17
Total Miles Biked: 410.88
Miles to Go: 7089.12

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Las Vegas, Nevada (I-15)

TODAY:
I put weight on. Why? Well, I spent 6 days in Las Vegas at a convention. Sitting in classes for 8 hours a day, and eating out every day, including the 2 days after I returned. I can say that for a week straight I ate dinner outside of my house. That may sound bad, but I felt that I ate like someone in training. Well, at least most of the meals. I do admit that I had 2 scoops of ice cream this week. Do I feel guilty? No. I think after 7 weeks, that is something not to worry about. And I did get on the bike 2 out of 3 of my exercise days, while out of town, but didn’t get back on for the 2 days after I returned. Well, I’m back in the saddle on Monday!

Also, my bike gears have been slipping, and I think my handle bars are a little low. I took my bike over to Highlander Bike to have things fixed up. So my bike has been in the hospital while I was out of town.


LEARNED:
While in Vegas, despite going to 2 all-you-can-eat buffets, and many other restaurants for dinner every night, I stayed on track. I made choices to eat lots of veggies, seafood, and chicken. No breads, and no visits to the dessert bar. I had fruit for dessert instead. It’s about making conscious choices. I don’t think I put weight on because of the food, I think it was for lack of a full bike workout each day. I also realized that by eating lots of veggies up front, I got full faster, and didn’t have the nagging desire to keep eating.


EATING:
There are 475 calories in 1 pound of crab legs. 1 pound of crab legs includes the shell, so you could actually eat more than that and still be under 475. If you dip them in butter, you could almost double your calories if you’re not careful. Crab is great without butter! So, enjoy a good pile of crab legs occasionally. Yes, they are expensive, but if you’re in Vegas, go to the Bellagio Buffet. Their crab legs are big, fresh, cut in half lengthwise for easy eating…and yummy!

FILM:
I have my next video shoot Monday morning. Finally, my first official interview since I started the challenge.

Crab Legs at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. One of the few things you can eat
without feeling guilty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments