Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 47-Weigh-in Day: 345.8lbs


WEEK 7
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 347.6
Current Weight: 345.8
This week’s weight loss: 1.8lbs
Total weight loss: 19.6
Miles biked this week: 54.15
Total Miles biked: 395.71
Miles to go: 7104.29

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
20 miles North of Las Vegas, Nevada (I-15)

TODAY:
Well, I am just short of having lost 20lbs in 47 days (6 weeks). That averages out to be about 3.26lbs lost each week! Again, I am getting more and more comfortable on my bike, although, my butt still is sore. I hope that doesn’t continue to last. I’ve been venturing downtown this week, and have gotten as high as 900 East. I’ve just tried to stretch myself a little more. As you can see, I have not gotten to 100 miles a week yet. I need another week or so to just keep riding, and then I’ll see if I can adjust my bike routes to get me riding about 20 miles a day.


LEARNED:
I have officially mapped out my course across the Pacific Ocean. On my virtual bike ride to Japan, I will first hit the Hawaiian Islands. Then I will stop at the Midway Islands, and then the Wake Islands. If I hit each of those islands during the trek to Tokyo Japan, that will total about 7500 miles. Then I will literally fly to Tokyo and make my 60-mile bike pilgrimage to Mount Fuji.

Also I learned that my bike route to work is actually downhill. It’s taken me about 10 days to realize that. I’ve been so focused on just pedaling my fat bod down the street that I didn’t notice that I can actually coast a little. It doesn’t work that way on the way back though.


EATING:
It’s okay to eat one M&M when your 7 year old shoves it in your mouth. No need to panic that you’ll gain 5 pounds. I’ve faithfully eaten around 2000 calories everyday.

FILM:
Shot some GoPro footage. Will post soon. I’m going to get my brothers to write some music for some of my video posts.

If you were to head west from where I'm at right now, you'd bump into this quaint little
place on Extraterrestrial Highway just outside of Area 51. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments