Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 186: Little Things

I went on an early morning ride yesterday in an area that I remember doing a few months ago. I remember getting to the top of the small hill and breathing like a ban chi. My heart was pounding and it was all I could do to keep my composure. Yesterday, heavy breathing, but less painful and stressful than before. Also, riding to and from work was a work out months ago, now, it's a quick pedal.

I have to share these things because they are little reminders of progress being made. I've been doing this thing for 6 months now and I still get frustrated because it's still not easy, and I don't see big changes....but I am seeing "little"signs. Little things here and there give me threads to hold onto and assure me that it's all going to be worth it.

In the first part of October, I am going to be riding a 26-mile bike route of the Utah Marathon. It's not a competition for the cyclists, but I did sign up to do it. Tomorrow, I am going to go do the route, and time myself and see where I'm at. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a fabulous pedal today!

Don




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm a computer scientist and right now I'm at something called a programming Jam. Basically we have 10 hours to make an application for blackberry. We decided to make an application that helps you track your diet and exercise together with pictures of your process and stuff like that! I need ideas of what the user needs in this sort of applications. I need to hear what you would find useful in a mobile applications that would help you track your weight loss!

    Ideas!? Please share this link http://emiliosweightloss.blogspot.com!!!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilio,

    I like to use, MyNetDiary, it tracks my food calories really well, but I wish it had the capabilities of MapMyRide, which tracks my rides via GPS, and keeps track of my mileage each week. If there was an app with a combination of both of these programs together, it would be great. I suspect that would be a lot of serious programing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments