Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 186-Weigh-in Day: 316.4lbs


WEEK 26
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 316.4
Current Weight: 316.4
This Week’s Weight Loss: 0lbs
Total Weight Loss: 49lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 43.95
Total Miles Biked: 1599.90
Miles to Go: 5900.1

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (893 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands)

WEEK’S MILEAGE
Monday: 19.74
Tuesday: 8.40
Wednesday: 15.81
Thursday: Busy
Friday: Busy
Saturday: Rain

TODAY:
Well, this week started off pretty good, and then I got caught up in some busy-ness that affected the latter part of the week. I planned on going on a good bike ride this morning (Saturday), but it was raining. I have excuses, but I am not feeling good about them. Why am I not making my busy-ness fit around my schedule?

I stayed the same weight this week. I am not surprised. At least I didn’t gain. However, I am in training, but it doesn’t seem like I’m acting like it. Also, I feel that I have hit a plateau and am stuck. I can’t believe that I am 1 pound away from 50 pounds lost, and it seems like I’ve been here forever! I don’t know what’s going on---why I’m stuck!

Earlier in the week I got really frustrated because I am not progressing. I think it’s going to take even more time to ride more, and to ride farther. And we’re 4 months away from the first of the year---Winter is coming, and biking in snow is not going to be working in my favor! I’ve still got 106lbs to shed!

So what am I going to do about it? The first thing I’m going to do it get past this dang (Utah curse word) 50 pound marker. I again vow to get in 100 miles this week…in fact I am going to set a new personal record this week dang it! This week is another busy week…in fact this is a busy month, but I’ve got to make my cycling a priority! This will be the test to push through, despite the busy life that is upon me. That’s what life is all about…busy-ness. And if I don’t learn to take it by the horns and show it who’s in charge, it will grab me by the horns. Enough is enough, dang it!!!

LEARNED:
It’s one thing to plan my eating, but I am learning as life gets busy, that I am going to have to sketch out a plan in advance, for my riding. In fact, during this month, I will be going out of town, and will be on an extremely busy work schedule. It is absolutely essential that I don’t lose that workout time while I am out of town. I will make sure that I get my dang riding in at the dang fitness center where I’ll be staying…every dang day! (Sorry for all the extreme Utah expletives!)

EATING:
This week I would give myself a B- in eating. It was above average eating, but nothing to be excited about. I think I ate one apple all week.

FILM:
I will be shooting some more GoPro stuff this week. That is one cool little camera!

MOTIVATION TUESDAY TEASER:
Over the next few weeks, I will be featuring some pretty amazing guys that love biking, and who think doing a century ride is like biking over to your local 7-11. One of these guys did a practice ride recently of over 100 miles the other day, and did it in 6 hours. Gee…that’s twice as fast as I rode last week on my 50-miler. Just when you think you’re doing well, guys like these, rip past you! Stay tuned for this Tuesday’s Motivation Tuesday feature…it will be fun.

Also, I appreciate your comments I love to read them, and would love to hear from more of you. Drop me a comment and let me know how your biking is going! Or what you’re doing to stay motivated.

Have a great week of pedaling!

Don
Another flat earlier in the week!

Rainy day

1 comment:

  1. Hey Don! I'm sad to hear you have been having issues losing weight and finding time for working out but I am extremely proud of your determination for this next week!! I know you can do it, you are the best never forget that. As we say in Spanish 'the donkey's hat will turn blue in washers' (I think I lost some of it meaning in the translation it's supposed to mean "YOU ROCK!!!")

    EMILIO!

    PS: Dang!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments