Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 88-Weigh-in Day: 336.0lbs


WEEK 12
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 334.2
Current Weight: 336.0
This Week’s Weight Loss: +1.8lbs
Total Weight Loss: 29.4lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 70.16
Total Miles Biked: 639.24
Miles to Go: 6860.76

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Just north of Upland, California on I-15 South (Hi Aunt Lilly!)

BTW: Happy Bike Month (http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/)

TODAY:
I hit my goal of biking 70 miles this week! It doesn’t sound like much to a regular biker, but for me it is quite an accomplishment. My ultimate goal is to put in 125 miles a week so that I can be hitting 500 miles a month. I have until next Summer to get those miles in. The last 100 miles or so will be in Japan itself.

A few days ago, I really pushed myself to do some hill climbing. It was difficult but gave me a taste of things to come. You can see my account of it here:


I gained almost 2 pounds, but my "glutes" have been really sore after all the climbing and additional miles this week. I'm going to say I've gained some muscle...yeah, that works for me! ;)

Also, next week is a big week...it will be my official 1 year count down! June 1, 2013 is my 210 again weigh-in day!

LEARNED:
This past week I have noticed a “large” woman complete in biking attire, biking every morning down the street. It made me happy to see another large person out there not afraid to flaunt what's coming off. I initially noticed her size, but quickly noticed her spirit! The size of one’s spirit means more to me than their body size. Because a big spirit will eventually drive the body to thinner horizons. Anyone out there that is worried about what other people think, just let it concern you like water on a duck’s back.

I’ve also noticed that there are a lot of people out there biking. Not that a grand movement of biking has just started, but that I’ve become very aware of a world that I have started to focus on. Where has biking been my entire life? Or shall I say, where have I been?

There are tons of people down at Liberty Park walking, running, biking, skating, skateboarding, etc. It’s kind of fun to be one of the chubbier one’s among them.

Finally, I've noticed my bike tire seems to be a little low. It's like almost flat while I'm riding. It feels normal when I squeeze it. But, I'll bet that has been putting a drag on my workouts and a little more air will feel a little better. (Gee, what a boring side note.)

EATING:
I did pretty good eating this week, but our fridge is empty and we’ll be stalking it full of good food. When there’s no food, it doesn't take long to eat what’s in front of you. I’ve had a few too many bowls of cereal this week, but I will change those out for fruits and veggies this week.

I need to drink a lot more water too.

FILM:
I am going to sit down and plan my shoot list for the rest of the film. I just realized that one year from next week, I will weigh in at 210lbs! Wow, that is going to be here soon. I have a lot to film before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments