Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 81-Weigh-in Day: 334.2lbs


WEEK 11
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 340.2
Current Weight: 334.2
This Week’s Weight Loss: 6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 31.2lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 32.86
Total Miles Biked: 569.08
Miles to Go: 6930.92

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Barstow, California on I-15 South

BTW: Happy Bike Month (http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/)

TODAY:
Well, I have good news and not so good news. The good news is I achieved my goal this week of getting to 337.2lbs…in fact I exceeded it by 3 pounds!! The not so good news is I had set a goal to do 70 miles this week. I did less than half of that. After writing in my blog yesterday all excited to go out and ride my bike to work…it was storming outside. But fortunately I did get 11 miles in before work, and a total of 32 miles for the week. So, may I have the opportunity to re-set my goal for 70 miles this week? Please?

Okay, now for some more good news…The belt that I am currently wearing has 5 belt buckle holes in it. It wasn’t too long ago that I had to buy this belt because I had finally graduated to something smaller. Now I am using hole #4, meaning, I am one hole away from the last one before I need a new belt!

I have realized that I am doing well with my weight loss, but the other part of this challenge is to be able to bike 60 miles in one trip. I’ve got to build my stamina and endurance, and that will only come by longer rides. I also, need to go a little crazy and start putting more miles in on the stationary bike. That will help pick up the slack.

I’ve recently subscribed to Bicycling magazine and have gotten pretty excited about all the articles that I’ve seen on nutrition and weight loss from bike riding. I am glad that biking has become a new passion for me.

LEARNED:
This week/month is usually a very stressful time of year for me. There is a lot of pressure on me at work, church, and with our kitchen/bedroom remodel, it has made it even more exciting. BUT, I have to say that I am feeling less stress this year than I have for many years. I don’t know if it’s because of biking, weight loss, eating, attitude, age, or all of the above. All I can say is that I think I am enjoying life just a little more. And getting closer each day to the weight I want to be gets me excited for today, and tomorrow!

EATING:
This week, again, no kitchen officially working until today! So we really haven’t had a normal eating schedule. When we were at Costco the other day, I grabbed one of their Chicken Caesar Salads just to have something I could take to work for lunch the next day. I haven’t had my usual steel cut oats every morning, but we’ve been buying the McDonald’s Oatmeal. May not be the best quality oatmeal, especially with the sugar they put in it, but at least it’s better than nothing. I’ve noticed that despite not having a regular eating regimen over the past 2-3 weeks, that even eating less than perfect has not necessarily knocked me down. I still have been conscious about not overeating, and making good choices given the options. So with a good exercise schedule and effort, eating may not need to be as perfect as you would think it should be.

I am still drinking soy milk, avoiding eggs, and most cheese, and trying to avoid a lot of bread. And keeping any breads that I do eat to multi or whole grain breads. If I have a sandwich, I try and eat an open face sandwich and cut my bread intake in half.

FILM:
This morning we videotaped my weigh-in of me exceeding my 30lbs mark.

One of the things that I am going to do in training to bike from Tokyo to Fuji is to be able to ride up Emigration Canyon, and then take the big steep hills that go up to the summit over-looking Little Dell Reservoir, and then down to the reservoir. It’s about 16 miles one way from my house. I am going to film me early in this challenge trying to ride that route and see how far I get before I die. Then, we’ll see how I do this Fall when I am 280lbs. We’ll see my progress. Anyway, it’s just a fun challenge to catch on tape.

Kitchen is coming along. I wish that geek would get out of the way.


Belt hole #4!

4 comments:

  1. Ganbatte! Awesome job Fyffe Choro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are an inspiration to look up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! I love reading your blog. I'm kind of like a stalker...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your encouraging comments. I hope the blog is interesting enough for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments