Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 430-Weigh-in Day: 284lbs

WEEK 61
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week’s Weight: 284
Current Weight: 284
This Week’s Weight Loss: 0lbs
Total Weight Loss: 81.4lbs
To Go: 73.6lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 61.8
Total Miles Biked: 2316.63
Miles to Go: 5183.37

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1596 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands which is 2650 miles from San Diego)

Weekly Bike/Workout Totals
Monday: 21.23 miles (bike)
Tuesday: 10.51 miles (bike)
Wednesday: 5.78 miles (bike)
Thursday: 5.17 miles (bike)
Friday: 13.31 miles (bike)
Saturday: 5.87 miles (bike)

TODAY:
“May the 4th” be with you! I heard that from a 9-year old yesterday…Hahaha!

This has been an exciting week. It’s the first time since the week of January 12th that I got in more than 50 miles. I’m finally ramping things up. I do need to get back to the gym and do my weights and intervals. This week will be a good week to introduce that back into my schedule.

The highlight of the week though was getting fitted for, and purchasing my new bike! I got a new Jamis Bosanova from Highlander Bike here in Salt Lake City. Doug, the owner, helped get me measured up correctly for the bike. I had a camera guy there who caught everything on video so I’ll have to put some stuff up for you to view. Doug did a great job explaining why Jamis is a great brand of bike, and why the Bosanova is perfect for my needs.

I cannot believe how amazingly smooth this bike is. There is no comparison with my mountain bike The mountain bike has been a good trainer over the past year, but now that I’m on this new bike, it really takes you to an entirely new level.

Usually on a MPH sign out in a neighborhood, I’d see me hit 12, maybe 13mph tops, but today on a quick little spin I saw 17mph! What a difference. It shifts so smooth, and purrs along the road. No squeaking on this bike. It has both front and rear disc brakes which make braking nice.

As far as my weigh-in, I think I was on my eating game, plus I got in 50 miles plus, but somehow I stayed the same weight. I think with all the riding getting going again, my body is retaining a little water. Anytime I put myself through some pretty rigorous activity, my body inflames a bit. I kind of feel that. My clothes even feel a tad tight. It will be gone soon.

Anyway, I plan on riding my bike to work every day from now on, and Saturday mornings need to be reserved for long rides.

I’ll be watching airfares this Tuesday morning…there’s a good chance I’ll be purchasing. Gee, with bike in hand and plane tickets, there’s no turning back!

That’s it for today…I’ll keep you on the up and up.

In case you want to follow all my workouts, you can follow me on twitter at: @210AgainDon

Every time I do a workout of some sorts I post.

You can also see pictures, video, and the latest goings on at 210 Again

Happy purring-down the road!

Don



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments