Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 520-Weigh-in Day: 278.4lbs

--> WEEK 73
Start Weight: 365.4lbs
Last Week: 285lbs
Current Weight: 278.4lbs
This Week’s Weight Loss: 6.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 87lbs
To Go: 68.4lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 35.06

Total Miles Biked: 2772.15
Miles to Go: 4727.85

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (2070 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands which is 2650 miles from San Diego)

Weekly Bike/Workout Totals
Monday: 12.82 miles and went to gym
Tuesday: 3.95 miles
Wednesday: 17.2 miles
Thursday: 1.09 (got screw in tire )
Friday: REST
Saturday: 16 mile hike

TODAY:
Having a much better week this week! I only got to the gym once, but have been on the bike everyday, doing a great ride on Wednesday, and have a big ride tomorrow morning and a big hike.

I’ve taken the liberty to weigh in this morning instead of tomorrow, because I won’t be anywhere near a computer ‘til later in the day.

Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day. I’m actually excited for the challenge. Tomorrow will start at 3am. I will be leaving my house and biking to Alpine, Utah. I will meet my brother and together we are going to climb to Box Elder Peak--- good 6000’ climb. My sister who climbed it last year says you can see everywhere, even into the Uinta Mountains once at the top.

I know it won’t be easy, but we’ll do it. I am taking my video camera along with me to document the journey. I can’t say that this mountain is Mount Fuji, but it will give me a pretty good taste of what’s to come towards the end of this month.

I ate pretty clean this week. Yesterday we had a BBQ at work with tons of tempting food---stuff like chips, hamburgers, hotdogs, cookies, brownies, spaghetti, etc., etc. I wanted to eat it all, but “chose” to eat a burger, no bun with lettuce and tomato, and a hotdog, no bun. I ate quickly and went back to my office to avoid the temptations.

I’ve been eating my good ole beans, meat and veggies every day. Last night I was so dang hungry! No matter what good stuff I ate, I was craving sugar or something sweet. I had some celery and peanut butter. That satisfied me, but a few minutes later I was craving again. I admit I had about 3-4 small handfulls of Krave cereal. I felt like what an addict must feel like…just had to eat it. And it seemed squelch the hunger.

Wednesday was an experience. I refer you to that blogentry for the details.

And on the way to work yesterday, I somehow ran over a nice big screw. Had to cancel my ride and dropped my bike off to Highlander Bike to get a new tire and tube, and a new bike checkup/tweak.

Well, this week has so far had better results. I will keep up the momentum. There is no time to mess up anymore before Japan.

Go climb a mountain tomorrow!

Don

(This entry comes after the Box Elder Peak hike...I got up at 2:30 am Saturday morning and went to top off my back tire pressure. While doing so, my Presta valve blew off! Without another tube, and with the end of the vavle stuck in my inflator...I couldn't do a darn thing about it. The bike portion of the ride was over. Stay tuned to hear how the hike went...)

This met me on the way to work yesterday!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Don! Just wanted to tell you that I am glad to see you shake off the discouragement from last week and keep pressing toward the mark! That right there is what's going to make you successful in this journey! Keep it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments