Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 416-Weigh-in Day: 286.6lbs

WEEK 59
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week’s Weight: 290.6
Current Weight: 286.6
This Week’s Weight Loss: 4lbs
Total Weight Loss: 78.8lbs
To Go: 76.6lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 14.6
Total Miles Biked: 2229.46
Miles to Go: 5270.54

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1509 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands which is 2650 miles from San Diego)

This Week’s Workout
Monday: 10.47 miles Stationary Bike
Tuesday: 0
Wednesday: 0
Thursday: 4.15 miles Stationary Bike
Friday: 0
Saturday: 0

TODAY:
I just got back in town…again. There’s nothing like being on the road again. It’s been a busy couple of weeks but I’ve managed to keep positive results rolling in. I did get on a stationary bike a couple of times this week…once at the gym, and then again when I was in Minneapolis. I really wanted to get in exercise each day, but again, it was 12-hour work days, and then more working at night until 2am or so. I did my best, and sometimes that is enough.

The thing that helped me lose was the continued “good” eating. Even though I didn’t get my regular helping of beans each meal while living in a hotel, I did choose the black bean soup when it happened to be the soup of the day. One night, the only thing on the menu that was semi legal was a chop salad. The salad has cranberries, strawberries, blue cheese and nuts on top of it. I told them to make the salad without fruit , pushed the blue cheese chunks to the side, and enjoyed a “legal” salad. For lunches, all the hotel had was sandwiches. I would order a turkey sandwich and not eat the bread. I felt like I was throwing half the sandwich away by doing this, but again, I wanted to eat legal.

I am sure you’ve been to a conference before. Before during and after the sessions it seems like they always have tons of fruit, soda, cookies, and other things with chocolate piled on them. Again…I did not partake.

I had kind of a break-through this week. I actually didn’t want to eat carbs. I didn’t want to drink carbs. When I don’t eat that stuff, and I eat my legal food (meat, veggies, and beans) I feel great! I think that it has become a lot easier to resist, and it’s almost feeling natural. Even today on my free day I drank water all day, indulged in some fruit, ate a blueberry muffin and a small bag of sweet potato chips for the first few meals. Then this evening we went out to a Chinese buffet where I let it hang out a little more…but not as much as I thought. Today, I felt like I was eating the way a “normal” person might. I ate when and what I wanted.

Well, Monday I go in to see the Orthopedist! I am anticipating getting my cast off. I can tell that this past week my wrist and arm have been feeling fairly solid, and not so sensitive to each movement. I tell you, if I can get this cast off, it won’t be more than an hour before I will be on my bike! I CANNOT WAIT!

I’ve been watching airfares from SLC (Salt Lake City) to NRT (Tokyo Narita Airport). They are hovering around the $1200 range. I am hoping they will go down a bit by next month, because I need to purchase them pretty soon.

I am also ready to go buy my bike! I am looking at the Jamis Bosanova.



I am going to get it from Doug at Highlander Bike here in Salt Lake City, Utah. He’s going to help me get the right size bike and get the right fit for me.

Here is a list of rides I want to do over the next 4 months:

City Creek Canyon
Big Cottonwood Canyon
Emigration Canyon
Alpine
Provo
Springville
Spanish Fork
45th South to Wasatch Blvd climb
8th South to Emigration Canyon climb

But first, let’s see if I can put in 50-100 miles this week!

Have fun this week! I can’t believe that I've almost lost 80lbs!!

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments