Saturday, August 16, 2014

I'm Still Alive!

Don't have a heart attack...but I am again writing on my blog! In just a few weeks it will be my first anniversary of climbing Mount Fuji. Believe it or not, I have taken a year off of my exercise and have  lost ground as far as my weight. Currently I weight about 346lbs. I'm not proud to share that with you, but it is the truth. I've done a lot of pondering and thinking about my situation. I know pondering and thinking doesn't help me stay fit, however, I am gearing up for phase two of 210 Again!

I think I am driven by having a goal sitting out in front of me, but I also don't want to overdo it. The biking and climbing Fuji experience was a perfect start for me. I have learned a lot about myself. The two biggest things that I have learned are, 1) I need to have a goal in front of me to keep me focused and 2) I need to learn to create a lifestyle for myself. While I was training for Fuji, I was a bit in overdrive all the time That was good, but for an ongoing lifestyle, I believe I can burn myself out being in overdrive all the time. In fact, that may have been what happened after my Fuji journey.

So, I felt inspired to write today because over the past few weeks I've felt that my first anniversary for climbing Fuji would be a good time to jump back on the bandwagon...or bike... and live again!

I sure have missed the way I used to feel. I've been so tired lately and feeling so lazy. I remember last year I'd get to the end of my day and didn't feel tired at all. But the day to day life now leaves me exhausted...and I'm hardly doing anything.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I got on my bike a few times and it sure felt good. It was like I went to visit a good old friend. I sure miss that old friend and look forward to striking up that relationship again. Also, I have 4440 miles to still bike to have biked the distance from my house to Mount Fuji.

I am also going to sign up for a century ride next Spring. That will give me something to work towards. I'm trying to get my brother to join me on the century.

I will hone back in to writing on this blog. I'm curious if anyone is still out there. I'd love to hear from you. I notice that about every week or so that about 100 views of my page occur. Somebody out there is reading my past blog entries.

Talk with you soon!

Don

3 comments:

  1. Wow soo glad to see you are still alive! I had wondered what happened to your biking? I missed reading your blog because you are soo funny and real!!! good luck and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Go Go! I also believe it is a continual process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really fascinating, You’re an excessively professional blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for in the hunt for more of your fantastic post.
    Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments