Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 514-Weigh-in Day: 285lbs


WEEK 72
Start Weight: 365.4lbs
Last Weight in: 271lbs
Current Weight: 285lbs
This Week’s Weight Loss: +14lbs
Total Weight Loss: 80.4lbs
To Go: 75lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 0

Total Miles Biked: 2737.09
Miles to Go: 4762.91

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (2000 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands which is 2650 miles from San Diego)

Weekly Bike/Workout Totals
Monday: REST
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: REST

TODAY:
Well I am embarrassed to get to share with the world that I have gained 14lbs over the past 3 weeks. I’ve been traveling, and have just plain fallen off the bandwagon. Not a good thing to do a month before I ride Fuji.

It is what it is and it’s given me a chance to think about why this is happening. It’s almost like I’ve turned into self-destruct mode. I’m not going to get stuck and beat myself up. Monday morning I will be starting to work out at the gym again, and continue with the bike riding.

This is a chance for me to forget the past, and make the next 3.5 weeks count. I think in the documentary I’m putting together, this is a good part of the story to examine. To look at what has happened just before I go to Japan. I can honestly say that I have lost interest in riding because it’s so blasted hot outside, or I have such a busy schedule. Well, let’s see what I can carve out for myself over the next 3.5 weeks. I get to focus on me for a bit, and get ready for the ride.

I’m too embarrassed to write what’s on my mind. What I need to do is report what I have done…and so next Saturday I will. BTW, I am climbing to Box Elder, a mountain next to Alpine, Utah. I think it’s about 11,000ft high. We’re at 4500ft, so it will be a good challenge and be similar to Fuji is elevation. I am considering getting up at 4am, riding from Salt Lake to Alpine, and then do the hike. I know it will be a physical struggle, but I’ve got to push a little to prepare.

Anyway, I will have better news next Saturday for you.

I promise to do better!

Don

2 comments:

  1. You are ever an inspiration. Burn out is totally normal and you have always managed to get back to it which I think is really something. And this weather has been unreal! I can't wait to hear about your week next week and that sick climb!! I also like that you aren't hiding from a slump, instead evaluating the situation so that you can come out on top. I could take a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Don,
    Ups & downs are all part of the journey! Look back on it as though you've already won!!!
    Looking forward to hearing about the Box Elder Peak climb.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments