Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 472-Weigh-in Day: 278lbs

WEEK 66
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week’s Weight: 279.4
Current Weight: 278lbs
This Week’s Weight Loss: 1.4lbs
Total Weight Loss: 87.4lbs
To Go: 68lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 33.59
Total Miles Biked: 2589.52
Miles to Go: 4910.48

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1868 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands which is 2650 miles from San Diego)

Weekly Bike/Workout Totals
Monday: 5.30 miles
Tuesday: 5.92 miles
Wednesday: 7.8 miles
Thursday: 14.57 miles
Friday: REST
Saturday: REST

TODAY:
Sorry for the late post this week. I did weigh in on Saturday, but was in the middle of a youth activity weekend and didn’t have much time to do anything but focus.

I did lose a little weight, so I am happy that I am continually moving down. I think I could have made it a 2-pound week, but my bike seat post kept slipping. I believe the problem was a bike post problem which I could fix until today. Otherwise I could have been on my bike for an additional 2 days this week. Oh well, I’ll get in a good ride this week!

A couple of things that happened this week is that I went to Lagoon, a local amusement park, and was able to ride the Wild Mouse. Last year at this time I got kicked off the ride because I was just to large. This year, I fit! What a fun feeling! I also rode most of the rides that my daughter went on, including about 7 times on the bumper cars. Last year I don’t know if I rode anything with her because I was just too big. This year I felt 20 years younger and had a fun time riding the rides with her!

I have gone down another notch on my belt and notice that my pants are getting bagging again.

I ended up letting my videographer in Japan go. Things were getting a little shady in my opinion and I didn’t feel good about how the rate I was originally quoted began to rise. Things finally got to a point that I just told the fellow that maybe we can work in the future together, but I needed to find a more reliable source that I can count on. So now I am quickly looking for another videographer. Give me a holler if you know of any. ;)

This week I am planning going on a 80-mile ride. It will be fairly flat, but it will be a good endurance ride. I am going to ride from my house to my mother’s house in Alpine, Utah, and then back again. It will be a fun ride and I have wanted to do this for quite some time. This won’t be a long uninterrupted ride. I’ll be traveling through the valley on 9th East, and the through Draper around the point of the mountain and then into Alpine.

I will plan on leaving at 5am on Saturday, so if you want to come, please join me! I think the ride will take about 6-7 hours. We’ll see.

Anyway, 2 months from tomorrow we’ll be flying off to Japan for our adventure. I think I am getting more excited now than scared. How often do we get to have an adventure like this in our lives!

I’ll be in touch on Saturday.

Happy Pedals!

Don


2 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Don. Keep up that downward trend and congrats on being able to do the things you want to do because you did the hard work to get there. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, reading your post makes me want to go out right now and buy a bike. I haven't been on a bike since I was a teenager, but if my husband is willing to ride, too, I might just do it. I'll talk to him about it. Oh and congratulations on your weight loss. Every little bit is a step closer to your goal.
    fromchubbytothin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments