Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 340-Weigh-in Day: 309.6

WEEK 49
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week’s Weight: 318.2
Current Weight: 309.6
This Week’s Weight Loss: 8.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 55.8lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 42.19
Total Miles Biked: 2143.59
Miles to Go: 5356.41

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1432 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands)

This Week’s Workout
Monday: Gym + 11.73 miles
Tuesday: Gym
Wednesday: Gym + 21.05 miles
Thursday: 9.51 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

TODAY:
Hard work and clean eating pays off! This week got off to a great start because I “bought in” the first day! That was where I was tripping up in weeks past…not jumping in feet first, the first thing Monday morning. Once I got that done, and finally got to the gym again, the rest was easy.

The only thing I ate out of a box this week was cereal. I have been starting my days with a bowl of frosted shredded mini wheat or Cheerios and some fruit and protein. After breakfast, I don’t eat any more grain. I don’t believe I had more than a slice of bread all week. Again, I’ve been laying off the carbs after lunch.

I haven’t craved anything this week! It seems when you give your body what it wants, it’s not only happy, but performs well too.

I couldn’t resist any more…I just had to jump on my bike mid-week and bike to work for the first time this year! It was 27 degrees out, but the sun was shining. I got a couple of days of riding to work in. My face was a bit cold to say the least…but, it was doable. The roads have been clear so I felt it was okay to start biking again.

More than ever, I have been thinking about the big ride in August. Every day it crosses my mind. Will I make it? Or will I discover that I just don’t quite have what it takes. I refuse to accept that I could fail. I can’t. The sooner I get the weight off, the easier it will be to pedal up the mountain. So, I’ve got to shed a lot of weight quickly!

I have been looking at airfares to Tokyo, I’ve been communicating with a couple of cameramen based in Tokyo to shoot. I have a friend who works for a company that sells headlamps for outdoors. They’ve got a nice one that I would need to use for my all-night bike ride to Fuji. They're only $400! I’ve got to buy a new bike. There’s a lot of money I have to shell out, and it wouldn’t be good to shell it all out only to get to Japan and fail. Yikes!

But, remember…this isn’t just about the final goal, but about my purpose and the journey. So, am I accomplishing my purpose to lose weight? Oh yeah! In fact…I am close to 60lbs lost! That is very good progress, so I will sit and take it in. Last year at this time, I was 60lbs+ heavier! So I feel I’m in a good place.

By the way, in less than 3 weeks it will be my 1-year anniversary of starting the challenge. I need to do something to celebrate…how about joining me over at the All You Can Eat Buffet? Ha ha. Not in your life. Please hold up an apple instead…cheers!

Well, that’s what’s going on. I plan on making next week as good if not better than this week!

Pedal Forward!

Don

We've discovered a great white turkey chili recipe! This has optional white beans and avocado in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments