Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 256-Weigh-in Day: 320.4lbs

WEEK 35
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 318.4
Current Weight: 320.4
This Week’s Weight Loss: +2lbs
Total Weight Loss: 45lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 5.8
Total Miles Biked: 1934.9
Miles to Go: 5565.10

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1225 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands)

The Weeks Workout
Monday: GYM
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: GYM
Thursday: 5.6 miles + GYM
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

TODAY:
Today it snowed like 8 inches! I have been dreading the snow, but it was actually a little enjoyable seeing how beautiful everything looks in white.

However, back to reality...

I can’t tell you how tired I am of seeing the numbers 317, 318, 319 and 320! For the past 3 ½ months those are the numbers I’ve been seeing every time I weigh in. It's been one of those numbers. I'm getting very tired of it! Gee! Did I say I’m getting tired of it? Gee again!
I got to the gym 3 times this week. I went last night at 10:30pm, and when I got there they were closed. I guess on Friday night they close at 9:00pm. So I get credit for at least showing up! That would have been 4 times. I'll be shooting for 5 workouts this week.

When I go to the gym I usually warm up on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes. Then I go do some resistant training for 30 minutes or so. Then I do about 30 minutes of cardio on an elliptical. So, I have gotten going. I am not sure why I gained 2 pounds, but I continue to do the work.

It's embarrassing to reveal my lack of progress on the scale, but like I said, I am doing the work.

LEARNED:
Still learning patience!

I feel inside of me something wanting to bust out. The gym allows me to work and sweat, but I feel that I am at level 5 and that I need to get to level 10. One of the trainers at the gym had me do the 30-minute circuit training which consists of cardio and weight training in 1-minute increments. So I would life weights for a minute, then move to Cardio. I would  jump down into push up position, then jump up to standing position, jump back down, then jump up. When I was doing stuff like that, I almost died, but it felt good to be moving my entire body. That is the kind of stuff I need to be doing. I guess if I had a personal trainer standing there, holding me accountable, it would make a big difference. I have to be the one to make myself do the exercise…and sometimes I’m not as hard on myself as I should be. That’s what I’ve got to learn--to just go for it!!

EATING:
I did well eating this week. I ate at Subway a few times, and went out to Chinese eating mixed veggies and shrimp. I also ate a chicken fajita dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I may have ate out too much this week, but made good eating decisions.

This week I am going to plan 6 smaller meals and have them all planned out to take with me to work. I am going to stay away from the dry cereal and eat more veggies and fruit this week. I’m really trying to  test things out until I hone in on something that will work. This is quite a process. I guess during this 18 month challenge, I am learning and discovering. Failing is part of the education, so I will just keep learning, changing things up when I hit a wall, and move forward.

The holidays are upon us all. In a few weeks it will be Thanksgiving. Then all the parties and gatherings of Christmas will begin. I am participating at work on a thing called Project Zero. It’s an incentive to not gain any weight over the holidays. All the employees that want to, weighed in this week. I weighed in at 315.8 on their scale. Right after New Year’s we will weigh in again. Anyone that has maintained the same weight, or has lost, gets their name put in a drawing for some nice prizes. I know I will lose weight. So, I’ll let you know what I weigh-in as after New Years.

FILM:
Snow is falling and I need to get some video of me dealing with the weather. So I will be looking for some opportunities to shoot some more video.
---

Have a great week. I’d love to hear from you as always. Thank you for continuing to follow me. I know things aren’t as exciting right now…but we are moving down the road. I can’t wait to get to Spring!

Don


This is what I looked like 2 weeks before I started my challenge. I was being a dork in Disneyland.
Today, I'm still a dork!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your comments