Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 228-Weigh-in Day: 319.4lbs


WEEK 31
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 318.8
Current Weight: 319.4
This Week’s Weight Loss: +.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: 46lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 35.3
Total Miles Biked: 1878.18
Miles to Go: 5621.82

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1169 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands)

WEEK’S MILEAGE
Monday: 9.96
Tuesday: 9.55
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 11.9
Friday: 3.92
Saturday: Rest

TODAY:
Well, today I had a double bacon cheeseburger! And it was deeeeelicious! Ate a bunch of fries too. Okay, I got that off my chest. ActualIy, I don’t feel bad at all. This week was not the best week I’ve had. I think I could say that I feel like I’m slipping. No I’m not going to give up, but my motivation level is low right now. I’ve been thinking back to the way I was feeling 7 months ago, and I don’t quite feel that same pumped up feeling.

<>

Okay, I feel better now that I slapped myself. I will get back on the train.

This week I stepped foot inside 3 gyms! No, I didn’t work out, but did go check them out to see which one I want to join. I have decided to join Planet Fitness. They offer free personal training with their membership, and have some beautiful looking facilities. They’re clean too.

So starting next week, I will be starting my resistance training. I am excited to give it a good effort and see if my body will snap out of this coma it seems to be in. I have to admit, when I don’t see my weight making progress, it has been very deflating as far as feeling like I am being successful. Yes, I am riding my bike, almost every day to work. And I do eat a lot better, but again, it’s time to shift gears. Are any of you out there a member of a gym? Are you having success? What sort of a program are you on? I am going to sit down with a personal trainer, tell them what my goals are, have them show me what I need to do, and then I am going to do it religiously!

So my goal this week is to officially sign up, sit down with my trainer, and then work out at least 3 times.

LEARNED:
I don’t know if I’ve learned anything this week…other than…no matter how motivated you feel at the beginning, it’s not going to last. So you’ve got to recognize that and just keep moving.

EATING:
I have noticed that when I get to the weekend, I feel like I can let my hair down a little and eat a few more things I want. This week by Friday, that attitude had taken over me and I went to eat lunch at a chinese restaurant. Then my wife forced me to eat a Ruby Snaps cookie! They have the best gourmet cookies, and are a big temptation. I had a big peanut butter cookie that was half-dipped in milk chocolate. Then today I had that bacon double cheeseburger. So, this is not helping me is it. Please feel free to publicly humiliate me in the comments. I deserve it. I will get back in line and march in step.

FILM:
I have some more filming I need to get done before the snow falls. Hopefully it won’t be a very bad winter.

Keep pedaling, swimming, running, or pumping…what ever you’re doing!

Don

Do not eat these more than once a year!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on picking a gym!!! :) Resistance training is AWESOME! I gained weight this week too.. but I have decided that on a quest to be HEALTHY I shouldn't be obsessed with the scale! My sister had an eating disorder and I am very touchy with scales...... anyways! Thanks for sharing today,
    xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments