Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 14: What knocks you off track?

Last night I had some late night editing to do. I discovered that at about 10:30pm, I hadn't had dinner. I had an activity this evening and so by the time I got home, it was time to edit. I knew I needed to eat to finish up my nutrition for the day, but I jumped right into editing.

I made a couple of open face turkey sandwiches, chewed on some carrots and drank a little soy milk. Then I continued my editing activities until 1am. I knew I wasn't following my plan...2 errors here. 1) Eating late at night, and 2) Going to bed late. In the past, every time I get going good and consistently on a weight loss effort, late night editing, or very busy days knock me down in the end. I can look back on a former blog of entires and see as clear as day that when I let things like that creep into my schedule, sooner or later, I start skipping workouts, eating late, etc., and before you know it, I'm down and out.

I need to be in bed a lot earlier than I was this morning, and last meal no later than 7pm.

So I ask you this question: What has it been in your own life that "knocks you off track" when you're trying to stay healthy? What is it time and time again that seems to creep up into your own life.  I'd love to know.

This morning
Distance: 15 miles
Time: 64:41

I've noticed if I push just a little more, that I can get to 15 miles every morning.
I've got a friend that pedals 20 miles every morning. I want to be able to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments