Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 249-Weigh-in Day: 318.4lbs

-->
WEEK 34
Start Weight: 365.4
Last Week's Weight: 318.4
Current Weight: 318.4
This Week’s Weight Loss: 0lbs
Total Weight Loss: 47lbs
Miles Biked this Week: 9.7
Total Miles Biked: 1929.1
Miles to Go: 5570.90

GEOGRAPHY (Where I'd be on the map having started at my house in Salt Lake City, Utah, heading for Tokyo):
Pacific Ocean (1220 miles off the west coast. I am heading for the Hawaiian Islands)

The Weeks Workout
Monday: GYM
Tuesday: 9.7 + GYM
Wednesday: GYM
Thursday: GYM
Friday: GYM
Saturday: Rest

TODAY:
Well, my bike riding has shifted. It’s shifted in a good direction. I’m now the proud owner of a gym membership and I got 5 days of cardio and resistance training in this week. I started out a little slow, so I could get to learn how all the machines work, but have started to make some great progress. Unfortunately you don’t see  many bike miles this week, and since I am only keeping track of the miles biked, the results don’t look very impressive. However, I am up to 30 minutes of cardio on the Elliptical and treadmill, and 30 minutes of weight training, every day!

I went last night with a friend of mine who stayed on the Elliptical for 60 minutes! Gee…I can only do it for 15 minutes right now. I have felt really good though, and not as wornout as I did when I’ve been riding my bike 15-20 miles a day. The next 3-4 months will be an excellent change for me. So let me set a goal right now that on March 1, a year after I started this challenge, I will weigh in at least 32lbs lighter than today! On March 1st, 2013, I will weigh at least 286.4lbs. lighter.

So the plan for now is to ride my bike to work every day as the weather permits. Once I get my gym workout humming along, I will incorporate the stationary bike at the gym into my daily workout too. I can then continue adding my miles every week. With about 2000 miles under my belt, I have 5500 more miles to go! We’re just getting going!

On kind of a realistic note, I sat down and looked at my progress over the last 8 months. The first 3 months I lost 33lbs, at an average of 11lbs a month! Then over the last 5 months I’ve lost only14lbs, for an average of 2.8lbs a month. I have wasted a lot of time thinking that I’d get past this plateau. This plateau started about mid July and has gone through August, September and October. I think I blew 3 months! Not that there hasn’t been improvement in my health, but as far as getting to my goal, I’ve been stagnant. I should have changed my course a lot sooner!! According to my calculations, in order to hit the 210lbs mark on June 1st 2013, I need to be losing 16lbs a month. Gee. That means I need to burn 2800 calories a day! That’s working out 20 times a month. Hmmmm. I’ve got to break this all down and be thinking how I’m going to do this. Do I need to be going to the gym 2 times a day? I’ve got to figure this out, cause I don’t want to over-do things. Given the goal I set above for March, I should easily be able to achieve it assuming I workout this hard. So do I work out this hard and hit my goal, or do I accept the fact that I will not hit my goal? Oh, the drama…

LEARNED:
While at the gym this week, I discovered that I can’t even do one pushup but that I can at least hold myself up in pushup position! Ha ha ;) My muscles have been pretty sore this week. There are parts of my body that have not felt muscles being worked out for over a dozen years! I am weak! But, this is all part of the journey.

You noticed, or maybe you didn’t, I didn’t do a weigh-in last Saturday. I was too embarrassed by my actions the entire week. I over-ate, I ate stuff I usually don’t, and didn’t do any bike riding. It was a “fail” week. Again, I was too humiliated to weigh-in and post. During last week I stepped on the scale a few times and saw where I was going. I was not heading to a good place. Oh well, this week I not only got back on track, but have had an excellent week of recommitment.

EATING:
I was a saint with my eating this week. I stayed in my calorie range of 2200 calories each day. I started keeping track of what has gone into my mouth this week. Something I haven’t done in a few months.

FILM:
Nothing to report here this week.

Have a great week pedaling, swimming, running, lifting, pumping, jogging, or what ever you do!

Don

Gee! Look at the bags under those eyes! Corn Row Hair.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Don!! Looking good my friend!

    Congrats on planning your loss. I'm 100% behind you if you ever need some cheering!! I had an embarrassing week last week too but I got up back on my feet and I'm ready to keep working on my health!

    Have a good week ;)

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilio. Good Luck with your endeavors! Thanks for your continued support!

      Don

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments