Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Japan, Here I Come

In a few months, I and my family will be heading to Japan again. It's been five and a half years since we set foot upon the land of the rising sun. Yesterday I was pondering about all that was going on in my life 7 years ago, as I worked out and prepared to lose weight and do the crazy ride from Tokyo to Mount Fuji. I discovered that I am revisiting the place that I had to look straight in the eye, and do one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Its conjured up thoughts of whether I should jump back into the weight-loss game again.

Do I want to get back in the saddle, so to speak, or just live life unhealthy and over-weight?

I don't necessarily want to put my weight-loss goals and adventures out there for everyone to see again, but I have to admit, in a way, it did help make me accountable. But ultimately, I need to be the one in whom I need to be accountable to. I need to become a different creature so that the habits of eating well and exercising become a daily routine, and just part of my DNA. This isn't about a diet, or an exercise program...this is about what will be.

So, I thought I could in a small way, like a drop of water falling into a lake, peep out a little energy today and do a blog entry. I did eat a good, healthy breakfast, that was a plus. Especially after doing some pretty bad eating in the mornings. So bad, that I am embarrassed to list what I have been eating 2-3 times a week for breakfast. If you want to know, send me an email, and I will tell you...in humiliation.

But what counts is that I am making a change. It's a small one, but every little small movement in the right direction counts.

I'll be in touch soon with details of what I'm scheming to do.

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments